Blood cooler/freezer combis have to be kept in many different health institutions. The blood cooler/freezer combis produced for the proper storage of blood samples, products and plasmas are expected to have many features. The inadequacy of these features can cause problems that may occur in a blood cooler/freezer combi. Coolermed offers blood cooler/freezer combi alternatives in different capacities so that blood can be stored systematically in ideal conditions. Models, that are designed to be prepared against the problems that may occur in a blood cooler/freezer combi, provide safe use.
What are the problems that may occur in a blood cooler/freezer combi and what measures can be taken against them, we have compiled the answers for you.
What is a Blood Cooler/Freezer Combi?
Blood is frequently and a lot of times urgently needed for surgeries. Considering this, it is very important to provide safe and sufficient blood. In addition to the blood stored in blood centers and hospitals, a blood cooler/freezer combi is also required in medical laboratories. blood cooler/freezer combi with predetermined conditions are preferred in order to keep the blood obtained from blood donors intact. While answering the question of what is a blood cooler/freezer combi, the standard temperature value stands out.
blood cooler/freezer combis provide protection at a standard temperature value so that the movement and functions of blood cells are not impaired. Despite the problems that may occur in a blood cooler/freezer combi, the cabinets are equipped with different functions. In order for the blood cooler/freezer combis to work with the best performance, they should be assembled correctly, possible problems should be foreseen and to the calibration standard should be paid attention.
Blood Cooler/Freezer Combi
During the storage of blood samples, criteria set by institutions such as the World Health Organization and the Institute of Clinical and Laboratory Standards Medicine are taken into account. The blood sample taken from people must be stored for 24 hours after the results are determined. The relevant laboratory specialist decides on the storage times other than the standard cases. Problems that may occur in a blood cooler/freezer combi always pose a threat, but as a result of careful storage, the risk of threat is minimized.
The storage conditions of blood samples are of great importance. Things to do for the storage of blood samples:
- Samples should be studied without any waiting.
- Since freezing blood leads to negative consequences, it is important to store it without freezing.
- Samples that will wait should be stored in the refrigerator at +4 °C after centrifugation.
- If the blood is to be stored for a long time due to different reasons it is stored under the pre-specified conditions, with its opening closed.
- If blood samples are stored incorrectly or kept for a long time, differentiations are observed in the activity of enzymes in the blood, hematology and coagulation parameters. Blood that is not stored at the appropriate temperature increases the risk of bacterial contamination. Problems that may occur in a blood cooler/freezer combi can even cause loss of blood.
How Should a blood cooler/freezer combi Be?
The features of a blood cooler/freezer combi must be high in standards. However, among these features, the ones that will be useful in the face of any problem attract the main attention. Being prepared for the problems that may occur in a blood cooler/freezer combi also makes it easier to find easy solutions. In this case, recording and transferring features provide ease of use. Features that should be in a blood cooler/freezer combi are listed as follows:
- The fact that user set values can be recorded makes it easier to access data. Being able to record up to 10 years of data with the use of a micro SD card makes retrospective control practical. The Wifi module, which will be located in an ideal blood cabinet, provides the opportunity to send an e-mail to the end user during a possible problem.
- We mentioned that temperature values are very important in blood storage cabinets. Temperature tracking, which can be done in decimal by means of the sensor, supports safe use. If there is a problem such as moving away from the set temperature during this measurement, the compressor should start up and stop automatically when the desired values are returned.
- Among the problems that may occur in a blood cooler/freezer combi, power cuts also pose a threat. In a possible outage, the battery should be activated automatically. In this way, the sensor can continue to measure the temperature, the recording function will not be interrupted.
- Keeping the door open for the blood cabinets is also among the problems, as it will directly affect the temperature. If the necessary precautions are taken in the blood cabinets and the door is left open, the alarm should be activated.
- The display features of blood cabinets are another factor that makes them easy to use. The reflection of possible errors on the screen, the possibility of touch-sensitive use, and the easy control of the menus support comfortable use. In addition to the audible warning, the warning reflected on the screen.
Coolermed blood cooler/freezer combi provides extremely important advantages such as being able to get records for the last 30 days and printing these records via a printer. In addition, the fact that 30-day recordings can be transferred via USB is also important in terms of accessibility. USB is used not only for transfer but also for recording while it is plugged in. Sensor data can be transferred to external memory with a timing of once every 30 seconds.
Power outages can cause serious problems in terms of blood cooler/freezer combis. Coolermed blood cooler/freezer combis offer stable heat up to 8 hours in case of power cut. With the performance they offer, Coolermed blood cooler/freezer combis have a minimal effect on the problems that may occur in a blood cooler/freezer combi.
Proper Use of Blood Cooler/Freezer Combis
The use of blood cooler/freezer combis for the storage of blood is as important as its features. Blood samples need to be kept away from heat, light and moisture. Therefore, blood cooler/freezer combis should be kept away from these factors.
In order to prevent problems that may occur in a blood cooler/freezer combi, the cabinets must be placed on suitable floors. This means that it is important that the devices are not exposed to direct sunlight or heat sources such as radiators. The ideal room temperature where the blood cooler/freezer combis will be located should be between 15 and 32 degrees.
In order for the blood cooler/freezer combis to work with full performance, attention should also be paid to the space between them and the surrounding objects or walls. The minimum distance to be left around the cabinet corresponds to 10 cm. In order not to shake the blood storage cabinets, it should be fully balanced. During installation, the gasket of the door should be checked so that there is no leakage. The fact that the used electrical line is grounded also ensures safe use.
Blood cooler/freezer combis and refrigerators look the same in principle, but there are points where they differ. For this reason, the idea that refrigerators are an alternative to blood cooler/freezer combi is wrong. Blood cooler/freezer combis have a temperature sensitivity of 4 degrees. In cabinets, this sensitivity varies between 2 and 8 degrees. With specially designed and suitable cabinets, problems that may occur in the blood cooler/freezer combi are prevented without experiencing any problems.
Blood cooler/freezer combis are designed for different needs. While the general features of the cooler/freezer combis are similar to each other size and width are among the basic elements that make a difference. In addition to small-volume blood cabinets, it is possible to find high-volume alternatives. As the volume of blood cooler/freezer combis increase, the number of blood that can be stored also increases. There are drawers in the cabinets and plexiglass in the drawers. In this way, blood bags can be stored in the appropriate position.
The models of blood cooler/freezer combi are changing in terms of technical features as well as functional features. The temperature ranges determined in the cabinets differ according to the blood component. Therefore, there is no single answer to the question of how many days the blood sample is stored. According to the blood to be stored, variability is observed in the temperature ranges of the blood cabinets. The blood storage cabinets, designed according to high hygiene standards, provide comfortable use. For this reason, precautions should be taken for problems that may occur in a blood cooler/freezer combi.
You can reach our previous article from the following link https://coolermed.com/en/temperature-and-humidity-monitoring-for-medication-and-medicine-cabinets/