Veterinary clinics, where animals are diagnosed and treated, are also effective reference sources for issues such as care and nutrition. Veterinarians, who use medical equipment for care and control, provide care, diagnosis, and treatment with information and material support. Therefore, they have many animal medical supplies requiring proper medicine storage conditions in veterinary clinics.
Medicines are among the most sensitive materials because they have a certain period of use. What are the medicine storage conditions in veterinary clinics? In this respect, medical cabinets are important for storing vaccines, drugs, and even waste. For this reason, we share important details about medicine storage conditions in veterinary clinics.
How Should Medicine Storage Conditions in Veterinary Clinics Be?
Storing the medicine in suitable conditions to keep it intact until the expiration date is essential. First, each medicine must be stored according to the conditions specified in its package insert. Generally, room temperature is desired between storage conditions of drugs. In special cases, keeping it in the refrigerator may be appropriate.
A temperature of 20-25 degrees is ideal for medicines that need to be stored at room temperature. However, the temperature may vary depending on the climatic zones. Some medications can be stored at temperatures of 15-30 degrees.
The medicine can be stored in the refrigerator if stated in the user manual. The most important issue to consider is drug storage in a cool and dry place. Therefore, the kitchen and bathroom are not suitable for storing medicines. Regarding the storage conditions of some medicines, it may be necessary to keep them at a temperature of 2-8 degrees. There may also be vaccines that require cold chain administration. Therefore, medical refrigerants are an effective way to provide medicine storage conditions at the appropriate temperature.
One of the places where medicine storage conditions in veterinary clinics are important is veterinary clinics. Because the deterioration of materials such as medicines or vaccines used for diagnosis and treatment is risky for the health of animals. However, the fact that the drugs cannot be used before the expiration date also causes economic losses. In veterinary clinics, the storage conditions in the instructions for the use of medicines should also be considered regarding drug storage conditions.
Medical Equipment and Medicines to be Stored in a Medical Refrigerator
A medical freezer is a device that stores products and samples that need to be kept at 2 to 8 degrees. Medical coolers can be used in hospitals, laboratories, or veterinary clinics. The most important medical products sensitive to temperature monitoring and requiring storage are medicines and vaccines subject to the cold chain.
In the cold chain application, it is important to maintain a temperature of +2 and +8 degrees from where the product is produced to where it will be delivered. Products subject to cold chain application include immune modulators, monoclonal antibodies, hormones, enzymes, growth factors, plasminogen activators, coagulation factors, and immunological products.
Apart from medicines and vaccines, it is important to use medical refrigerants for materials such as blood samples. Products should be checked for proper medicine storage conditions in veterinary clinics and all health institutions by considering drug storage conditions.
What Should Be in the Veterinary Clinic?
Considering the health-related needs of animals, the importance of veterinary clinics and supplies is quite large. Veterinary supplies are mandatory materials that should be kept in the veterinary center, office, or examination area. Timely intervention is very important for all animals, whether they are pets or not. Therefore, the things in the veterinary clinic should be completed completely. What should be in the veterinary clinic we can list as follows:
- Electric operating tables,
- Operating bed,
- Anesthesia masks in different sizes,
- First-aid kit,
- Negatoscopes, basins, and cotton storage boxes,
- EKG latches and EKG point,
- Vaginal speculum products,
- Otoscope and ophthalmoscope sets,
- IV pole and tromoles,
- Device stands,
- Transport stretchers,
- Forehead mirrors,
- Veterinary emergency transport table and veterinary table,
- Veterinary transport stretcher and transport table,
- Veterinary operation and examination table,
- Dressing trolley and stretcher,
- Emergency and trauma bags,
- Medicine, treatment and intervention care,
- Digital refrigerator rating,
- Intensive care tents of different sizes,
A veterinary clinic is a healthcare facility for animals. Therefore, many materials are needed. In addition to the materials listed above, a sensitive product group is pharmaceuticals. Medicine storage conditions in veterinary clinics are very important, especially for medicines that must be stored at a certain temperature.
Therefore, medical refrigerator cabinets in veterinary clinics must be included to store materials such as medicines. You can also review Coolermed products on our website to find the most suitable medical cooler for your veterinary clinic.
How Do You Know When Medicines Deteriorate in Veterinary Clinics?
Like all drugs, medicines used in animal treatment are sensitive because of their active ingredients and duration of use. Maximum benefit can be obtained from the medicines when the medicine storage conditions in veterinary clinics are applied healthily until the expiration date.
It is very important to check the drugs before use. If your current medicines or medicines in your veterinary clinic have the following symptoms, these medicines should not be used. If you notice that your medicines have deteriorated despite the expiration date, the medicine storage conditions in veterinary clinics should be reviewed. Here are the properties of spoiled medicines:
- Clumping is seen in powdered medicines.
- Color change and breakage are observed in tablet medicines.
- Liquid medicines have sediment build-up.
- On the other hand, if there is drying, bad smell, and mould in the ointments, they are spoiled.
The use of deteriorating medicines in veterinary clinics poses a great risk to the health of animals. Deteriorating medicines can cause serious reactions in the body of animals, which can cause fatal health problems. Therefore, applying the proper medicine storage conditions in veterinary clinics is essential.
Importance of Medical Cooler in Veterinary Clinics
Medical cabinets and coolers are among the materials most needed by the healthcare industry. Medical coolers are also ideal for maintaining medicine storage conditions in veterinary clinics. That’s why it’s important to list the benefits of medical refrigerants.
- It prevents the deterioration of the active ingredients of medicines, vaccines, and samples due to heat.
- Medical coolers comply with the criteria set by the Ministry of Health. This ensures that the medicines are stored correctly.
- Medical coolers provide safe storage space for medicines.
The Proper Medicine Storage Conditions in Veterinary Clinics With Coolermed
Using medical refrigerants in veterinary clinics ensures that medicines and vaccines are kept at the temperature specified in the package insert. Therefore, Coolermed medical coolers are highly functional for medicine storage conditions in veterinary clinics. The advantages of Coolermed freezers for veterinary clinics can be summarized as follows:
- Optimal Storage Conditions: They maintain the temperature specified in the package inserts of medicines and vaccines, ensuring their efficacy and safety.
- Dual Temperature Zones: The freezer and refrigerator sections operate independently, allowing for two different temperature settings for diverse storage needs.
- Versatility in Storage: Suitable for storing various medicament groups, offering flexibility in managing different types of medicines and vaccines.
- Variety of Sizes: Available in different volume groups, enabling veterinary clinics to choose a product that best fits their space and storage requirements.
- Data Storage Capability: Equipped with an SD card compartment, allowing for long-term data storage and easy tracking of storage conditions.
- User-Friendly Interface: The medicine cabinets are easy to program, thanks to their user-friendly screens, simplifying the management of storage conditions.
- Space Efficiency: Designed to create necessary storage space efficiently, making them ideal for veterinary clinics where space might be limited.
By obtaining one of Coolermed’s coolers, you can maintain proper medicine storage conditions in veterinary clinics.
You can read our previous article fromhttps://coolermed.com/equipment-that-should-be-in-the-blood-donation-vehicle/.